Cornerstone ImageAccel 2
Bios Updates - PCI Color- PCI Grayscale- ISA Color- ISA Grayscale
ImageAccel 2 Bios Update Program Revision -15
Cornerstone is not responsible for any damage or loss of data.
Please use at your own risk. Please report any problems to Cornerstone
Customer Support, 1-800-562-2552.
The fixes in this release are:
BUG1666 - PCI2004G/22b and PCI2004G/22a - Ctrl+Alt+Del fails on Dell Optiplex P/133.
BUG1757 - Blank screen launching Win-OS/2 Full Screen with PCI BIOS 13 & ISA BIOS 14.
BUG2051 - An ImageAccel 2 PCI with BIOS 13 produces a blank screen on boot in an IBM 6587-KBT.
BUG1861, BUG1899, BUG1688, BUG1516 - Checksum errors when booting with IA 2 PCI BIOS -013.
This document describes how to update the ImageAccel 2 BIOS. These
instructions assume that the ImageAccel 2 display controller is installed
and you are able to see the DOS prompt on the Cornerstone or VGA display.
Steps to update the new ImageAccel 2 BIOS.
1. Create a bootable DOS diskette.
2. Copy all of the unzipped files to the floppy disk. Files include:
FLASH.EXE (Flash Update)
PCICONF.SYS (PCI/ISA Configuration Utility)
CONFIG.SYS (Loads PCICONF.SYS)
all 761xxxx.BIN file (BIOS file)
3. Turn the computer off.
4. Insert the ImageAccel 2 BIOS disk in Disk Drive A
5. Turn the computer on
6. Type FLASH and press Enter
You will see following messages:
Warning!!! This will update your ImageAccel 2 [ppppppppppp]
You must type "Yes" to activate changes: _
Note: ppppppppppp = Product Name, i.e. PCI1608C/25
1. The update program will display following information:
IA2 Mem Base = bbbb
Current Board ID and Rev = xxxx-yyy
Current BIOS Rev = zz
New BIOS Filename = 761xxxx.bin
New BIOS Rev = zz
Note: bbbb = IASPACE in hex, ex. 0xDE00
xxxx = Board ID, ex. 3193
yyy = Board Revision, ex. 004
zz = BIOS Revision, ex. 09
5. If the new BIOS Rev is smaller or equal to current the
BIOS Rev you will also see following message.
Warning!! New BIOS Revision is older or
same Revision as the Current BIOS Revision
6. The update program will prompt you to confirm the update,
you must type "YES" to continue.
Update BIOS now? Yes/No: _
7. Before the BIOS update you will see following message.
Backup current BIOS to 761xxxx.old
8. If 761xxxx.old exists you will be prompted to overwrite
existing file, you must type "YES" to overwrite existing file.