PCMCIA FireWire 1394A + USB2.0 + LAN 100Mbps card
Thank you for purchasing this USB2.0, 1394a and LAN Combo CardBus PC
Card. It is the fastest USB host adapter that is specially designed to connect
USB devices to any Notebook computer with CardBus (similar to PCMCIA, but
32-bit bus instead) slots. It also integrated a 400Mbps 1394a and a
10/100Mbps LAN ports on the same CardBus slot. It is an ideal solution to upgrade
your Notebook Computer with only a single slot.
• Fully Compliant with USB2.0 Specification.
• Supports 1x USB2.0, 1x1394a and 1x LAN Ports.
• Supports 480Mbps (USB2.0), 400Mbps (1394a) and 10/100Mbps (LAN)
Data Transfer Rate
• Provides a mini-DC-jack for USB bus power
3. Installing the PC card
Due to the hot-plug feature of the CardBus, the installation of the PC card is
1. Use static electricity discharge precautions.
Remove possible static discharge potential from any object that the PC
Card may come in contact with before installation. This can be accomplished
by touching a bare metal chassis rail after you have turned off
2. Locate an unused CardBus slot, insert PC Card into Notebook PC
(please note the direction of the PC Card should match the direction
of the CardBus slot)
3. The “Add New Hardware Wizard” in the Operating Systems will be
invoked, and will guide you to complete the whole driver installations.
4. The following power cables are NOT included since they are optional.
The CardBus PC card works fine without these cables. If you
bought these cables for supplying more power to your USB devices,
please connect the DC jack end to the CardBus PC card, and the other
end to AC power (or PS/2 keyboard connector, or the other USB1.1 connector
of your Notebook).
5. Installing USB, 1394 and LAN cables.
4. USB 2.0 Driver Installation
4.1 Microsoft Windows XP
Please go to?Windows Update” to Install Microsoft USB 2.0 Host Controller
Driver or Windows XP Service Pack:
5. IEEE 1394a Driver Installation
5.1 Windows Me, 2000, XP:
They already bundled the driver to support IEEE 1394. So you don’t need install
driver to work with the PC card. Insert the card will invoke the driver to
recognize it automatically.
5.2 Windows 98SE:
Since the bundled driver has a bug, so please go to the following place to
download the Win98SE patch file from Microsoft Web site before installing the
PC card into your computers, you need to choose your language of
Win98SE before downloading the file. Wrong language selection may
cause problems in your win98SE:
When you are running the path file, if you are prompted with some messages
during the installations, please click “Yes” for the confirmation. You may need
to click 2 or 5 times.