Parallele Scanner Drivers
Notice: If your system is Win XP, please follow Readme prior to download.
To Our Valuable Customers:
As some of you may know, we will be no updated Windows XP driver for this scanner. We think this decision was not made with our customers’ best interests in mind, we have dedicated a team and resource to continue testing the scanners under the Windows XP environment in hopes to find an alternate solution for getting the scanners to function normally on the new Windows operating systems. After many attempts, we have discovered a compatibility procedure available from the operating system itself that may allow the scanner to work under Windows XP. The procedure is as follows:
1. Remove any older driver from your system.
2. Download the Windows 2000 to a conveniently easy to find location in your computer.
3. Extract downloaded driver file to your local hard drive for easier retrieval.
4. Locate the folder from the extraction and highlight the “setup” icon; right click on mouse and select properties.
5. Locate the “Compatibility” tab.
6. Check the box labeled “ Run this program for compatibility mode:”
7. Select “Windows 2000” and finish the setup by clicking “ok”.
8. Run the setup.exe file and follow the onscreen procedure for driver installation.
*This procedure has been confirmed so far working properly for the following scanner models and we are continuing to work on the rest of the scanner models:
AM12E, AM12E Plus, 1236P, 1236 USB, AM12S, Ultima 2000, Ultima 2000 e+
Although this procedure has worked in our Lab, it is not guaranteed to work on all computer systems with different specification; Therefore we are not able to provide any kind of technical assistance in regards to the above alternate solution for the scanner usage under Windows XP.
We strongly hope that this would bring a satisfied solution to all or most of our valuable customers who has been and continue to support our products.
Sincerely and apologies for any inconvenience may have caused.
Close comments X