4 x USB 2.0 over IP (LAN), metal case
1. Copy the Disk to any folder on the PC.
2. Install the NUPort driver either from Single image or CD-ROM image.
3. Run the setup.exe application. This installs the bus enumerator driver.
It also launches NUPortAdmin tool. Click on "Start Device Mapping" option will start the device mapping function.
4. The NUPortAdmin application will detect servers present on the network.
It lists these servers on the GUI and installs the usbipbus driver for them.
'Add new hardware' window appears if a particular server is detected for the first time.
Click next for the drivers to get installed automatically.
5. For virtualization of the network USB devices use device mapping functionality from
mainmenu functions or left treeview.
6. For managing the server use Server Manager functionality from main menu functions
or left tree view.
7. To connect a device select the device click on the 'connect' option
in the GUI from toolbar or popup menu or main menu. To disconnect, click on the 'DisConnect' option of the above options.
On connect 'Add new hardware' window appears if it is the first time.
Specify the path of the folder where the drivers are located on the PC.
8. For start/stopping the device mapping functionality use start/stop device mapping options in the
Toolbar (or) popup menu (or) main menu.
9. To uninstall go to the Add Remove programs in control panel and select the virtual USB-Over-IP and Click on the remove button, it will uninstall the driver.
It is better to close the Nuport Admin tool before you uninstall the SW.
10. For exiting (closing) the NuportAdmin utility, use 'Exit' menu option which appears when
right click on Nuport Admin System Tray icon.
- Device mapping view will show the servers and devices of all the subnets which the host PC is configured with.
- Server manager view will show only thoser servers which are present in the first subnet of the host PC.
Printer sharing facility
Steps for first time installation of the Printer & Enabling printer sharing feature:
1. This feature is for connecting to the printer automatically and releasing it after job is done.
2. First check the if the printer is installed or not. For this select device mapping
functionality and select Printer Sharing option from Toolbar or popup menu or main menu.
Then it will display the Printer Sharing dialog.
3. If the printer is all ready installed then you will get printer name, port number, serverIP
in the above dialog. Then check port number & server IP matches of specified printer then the printer
is installed and it is in Printer Sharing mode.
4. If the printer is not installed, then connect the printer manually, for this select the printer
click on the 'connect' option from toolbar or popup menu or main menu then it will install.
(Note: This installation of printer needs to be done manually only once.
Once it is installed, Printer Sharing facility can be used automatically.)
5. After installation for enabling the Printer Sharing functionality,
use the Printer Sharing feature from toolbar or popup menu or main menu.
6. When clicking the Printer Sharing option, a dialog will be
displayed with all the printers which are installed through nuport-admin tool.
7. Select the check box to enable the Printer Sharing feature. & De-select to disable it. If the Printer
is already connected to the Client PC and then Printer Sharing is selected a message box is displayed to
disconnect the printer before enabling Printer Sharing when we click on the "Save" option.
Enabling Printer Sharing will turn OFF the Auto Connect feature for the device which is mentioned in the
"Note" section in the dialog.