PCMCIA 32-Bit USB 2.0 with 2 ports and LAN 1GBit card
1.0 Driver Package Description 1
2.0 System Requirement 1
3.0 Driver Limitations 2
4.0 Driver Installation for Windows XP 3
5.0 Driver Installation for Windows 2000 6
6.0 Driver Installation for Windows ME/98SE/98 16
1.0 Driver Package Descriptions
The VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller is supported by the following VIA products:
VIA Products Specification
VT6202 ? Four Port USB 2.0 Host Controller
? Discrete PCI Adapter
VT6212 ? Four Port USB 2.0 Host Controller
? Supports PCI / Cardbus Adapter
VT8235 ? Six Port USB 2.0 Host Controller
? Integrated South Bridge
VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller driver package included two different drivers:
1. Microsoft USB 2.0 Host Controller Driver for Windows 2000
2. VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller driver for Windows ME and Windows 98/SE
Operating Systems Revision Number
VIA USB 2.0 Setup Program 2.56
Microsoft Driver for Windows 2000 5.0.2195.6655
VIA Driver for Windows ME and Windows 98/SE 4.90.3000.7
\Win98&ME: VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller driver and filter drivers for Windows ME and Windows 98/SE.
\Filter_nt: This folder contains two filter drivers for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
\QFE: This folder contains Microsoft Windows 2000 QFEs for USB 2.0 Host Controller under Windows 2000 SP3.
In order to conform the redistribution agreement between Microsoft and VIA, only SETUP.EXE can be used to install driver in Windows 2000.
2.0 System Requirement
This setup program will install the driver for VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller. Before the setup program starts running, please make sure the using computer has an IBM PC-compatible system.
VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller driver package can be operated under following operating systems:
Windows98 Second Edition
Windows XP SP1
3.0 Driver Limitations
The driver limitation that came across in VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller is that only USB wakeup from S3 (by mouse or keyboard) is being supported. Therefore, system BIOS should first be ensured that it supports/enables this function.
Please visit VIA web site (http://www.via.com.tw) to download the latest driver.
4.0 Driver Installation for Windows XP
1. Microsoft EHCI drivers for Windows XP are not included in this package due to legal concerns. Please install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 before running the setup program. SETUP.exe will redirect the user to Microsoft Windows Update for downloading the drivers, please make sure internet connection is set up.
A. Select “Install USB 2.0 Host driver”
B. Click “Yes” and the setup program will enable the user to connect to the Windows Update web site.
2. SETUP.exe launches Microsoft Internet Explorer and opens http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com. Click on the “Scan for updates” to get the latest updates.
3. Microsoft Windows Update lists all available updates on the website. It is recommended to download the Windows XP Service Pack 1 since Microsoft EHCI drivers will be included.
5.0 Driver Installation for Windows 2000
1. Install Service Pack 3 or above before running the setup program.
2. Please make sure VIA USB 2.0 PCI adapter card has been correctly installed onto system. Open the Device Manager and check if there is a “Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller” under “Other devices”.
1. Insert the supplied “Windows 98/ME/Win2K/WinXP USB 2.0 Driver Installation CD” and execute the setup program by double click on the “SETUP.exe” file.
2. The screen shows the VIA Software License Agreement. Please read it FIRST and press “Yes” if wish to further proceed the driver installation.