Notebooks & Tablet PCs
Windows XP 32 bits
VAIO Media 4.1 Upgrade Program version 4.1.01.13251
- Depending on your VAIO model, you may be prompted during the installation of VAIO Media 4.1 to upgrade SonicStage and Giga Pocket or VAIO Zone. To get these updates, please visit the download section of our website.
- This release adds some new functionality to VAIO Media software. Please read carefully the Help files for more information on the usage of VAIO Media 4.1.
- Notes concerning the Sony's Network Media Receivers (PCNA-MR10 and VGP-MR100): VAIO Media 4.1 has been designed to DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) interoperability guidelines. VAIO Media 4.1 is required to use the VGP-MR100 which will also be compatible with the DLNA guidelines. This new media receiver can connect to VAIOs and/or DLNA-compliant server products. VAIO Media 4.1 can also be used to connect to the previous media receiver PCNA-MR10 which is not DLNA compliant. Normally, the PCNA-MR10 displays media items in predefined categories: Photo, Music, Video, and it requires that the media to be shared being stored in specific locations on the server. However, This will result in some items not being displayed in their appropriate category; for e.g.., you may see some music items when you choose the Photo menu, etc. This is NOT a bug and should be taken into consideration when using VAIO Media 4.1 with the PCNA-MR10! To workaround this problem, we advise you to save your media files in folders and register these folders on the server to the VAIO Media console. For more information about this, please read the Help files that come with VAIO Media 4.1.
This update is to be installed on the VAIO models which are preinstalled with a previous version of VAIO Media 2.0/2.5/3.1.
Download and Installation Procedures
Close all running applications.
1. Download SOAVMS-00900004-UN.exe and save it to a download directory
2. Double-click SOAVMS-00900004-UN.exe
3. The VAIO Media 4.1 Upgrade Program InstallShield Wizard starts
4. Wait while the contents of this package is being extracted to your computer
5. Click Next and wait while Setup performs the requested operation
6. Click OK to remove the previous VAIO Media version from your computer
7. The Shared File Detected dialog may be displayed
8. Check the "Don't display this message again" and click Yes
9. Click Finish
10. You may have to repeat the above steps until all components of the previous VAIO Media are uninstalled
11. Click OK to restart your computer.
12. After the computer restarts, the update wizard resumes automatically
13. Wait while setup installs the new software
14. When the installation is complete, click OK to restart the computer.