1. Notes on Setup
2. Install PCMCIA Software manually
3. Drivers Supported on this Drivers Disk
4. Notes on using EMM386 or QEMM
5. Technical Support
1. Notes on Setup
For Novell, Lan Manager & Packet Driver, first insert the "Drivers Disk"
into drive A, and type INSTALL at the A drive command prompt.
The Installation program will copy files to the destination directory and
modify your related files e.g. CONFIG.SYS & NET.CFG, automatically.
For Windows for Workgroup, Windows NT & Windows 95, use the "Network Setup"
utility provided by windows system to install Ethernet Adapter to the system
and system will load the drivers at start up time.
After installation, simply reboot the machine to enable PCMCIA Ethernet Card.
2. Install PCMCIA Software Manually
The automatical Installation Software has been carefully designed to detect
some combination of hardware and software already installed on your PC, and
setup your PC to enable the PCMCIA Ethernet card. If for any reason the
Installation Software failed to complete. You can follow the few simple
steps to copy the enabler from the Drivers Disk onto your PC.
1. If you have Windows for Workgroup, Windows NT or Windows 95, follow the
instructions for installing PCMCIA Card in your system manual.
2. Determine if any third party generic enabler has been installed on your PC.
You identify this by a search through the CONFIG.SYS file for the following
Vendor Device Loaded in CONFIG.SYS
Awards Software DEVICE=C:\CARDWARE\PCENABLE.EXE
System Soft DEVICE=C:\CARDSOFT\CARDID.EXE
If one of them exist in your CONFIG.SYS, then you can use it to enable the
PCMCIA Ethernet Card. Follow the PCMCIA installation instruction in the
manual that come with your PC.
3. If you decide to use accompanied Enabler, or if the generic enabler
does not support the PCMCIA Ethernet Card, follow Steps 4 below.
4. Insert Driver Disk in drive A:.
5. Type C: at the command prompt.
6. Type MD ENABLER to make a new directory.
7. Type COPY A:\ENABLER\*.* C:\ENABLER to copy the enabler to your directory.
8. Modify the PATH= statement in your AUTOEXEC.BAT to include path C:\ENABLER.
Change From PATH=
9. Using LANEN.EXE to enable the PCMCIA card no matter wheher your PC has
loaded Card Service or not.