Lava ESL 2 Port RS-232
Windows NT Installation
This document describes how to install Windows drivers for the Ether-Serial Linkô.
1. Log onto Windows NT with Administrator rights.
2. Place the extracted files from this archive into one folder.
3. Run "setup.exe". This will place the LavaLink applet into Windows Control Panel.
4. Run the LavaLink applet and click the "Install" button to display the unconfigured Ether-Serial Link.
5. Select the Ether-Serial Link and click the "Properties" button. The port properties page will appear.
6. Select the port number to enumerate the port (that is, to give it a port number, and remove the "Not enumerated"
setting it has by default).
7. Now you can enter network (IP address and TCP port number) settings for the device. After entering this information,
click on the "OK" button, and anwswer 'yes' to the prompt asking whether you wish to reboot your system.
8. After rebooting, go again to the Windows Control Panel and open the LavaLink applet again to see the newly-enumerated
9. At this point you can edit the device's network settings, resources, and COM port settings. The COM settings tab
will be a new tab in the properties dialog box.
10. Your Ether-Serial Link is now ready to use.
11. To remove the port enumeration, open the LavaLink control panel applet, highlight the port you wish to remove,
and select "Delete".