Hewlett Packard HP PSC 1402 All-in-One
HP Printing Diagnostic Utility
Windows XP 64 bits-Vista 64 bits
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows XP x64
System requirements: This utility will only support USB connected printers.
Description: The HP Printing Diagnostic Utility is created to diagnose and fix many common issues preventing printing from the computer.
Enhancements: The HP Printing Diagnostic Utility is created to diagnose and fix many common issues preventing printing from the computer. It works for many HP printing devices. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the utility. Examples of issues this utility will address:
• Connection Issue: The utility will check that the selected printer is connected and powered.
• Spooler Service Issue: The utility will check that the print spooler service is running and restart the service, if necessary.
• Purge Spooler Issue: The utility will check if the print queue is empty and will clear it, if necessary.
• Printer Status Issue: The utility will check if the print status is offline or paused and will change the status to online or resume, if necessary.
• Device Manager Issue: The utility will check for cautioned entries in the device manager. In order to fix the issue, the utility will force a plu and play re-scan of the device manager.
• Printer Port Issue: The utility will check whether the selected printer is configured to use a DOT4 port or the USB00X Port and assign the correct printer port, if necessary.
• Driver Handler Issue: The utility will check whether the correct printer driver is installed for the selected printer and assign the correct printer driver, if necessary. If the issue continues, turn your printer on and off, disconnect and reconnect the printer cable from the computer and the printer, and restart the computer. After the computer has restarted, please cancel any pending print jobs, if prompted.