Hewlett Packard HP LaserJet M1120 MFP
Firmware Update - Western Control Panel
Windows 2000-2003 64 bits-XP 64 bits-Vista 64 bits
20080228 Rev E
Note: This firmware applies to the products sold in Europe, Latin America, North America, and all other Asian countries and regions except Taiwan, Korea, China mainland, Thailand, and Hong Kong.
This is the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP Printer Firmware Update Utility.
These changes are implemented in firmware date code 20080228
Fixed corrupted Russian characters.
This revision includes fixes from previous rolls
Improved copy quality.
Fixed the issue that device stalls at paper out.
Corrected some setting in EWS.
Improved scan speed over network.
Improved multiple page copy speed.
Corrected control panel characters for Traditional Chinese.
Fixed the issue where copy fails following printing a demo page.
Fixed the issue where copy fails when printing on certain paper size.
Fixed the behavior when disconnecting the USB cable during print.
Operating system(s): Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition
Download file size: 2.39M
The HP LaserJet M1120 printer must be in a READY state as shown by the LCD display on the control panel and remain powered on during the entire firmware update process.
* Depending on the speed of your PC, the firmware update process may complete on the printer before the progress bar on the screen completes.
* Once the firmware update process has started, do not power cycle the printer or the PC until the firmware update process is complete. Avoid using the device during the firmware upgrade procedure?don't send a print job, for example.
IMPORTANT - Before the process starts: Turn the printer off and then back on at this time only to clear main printer memory. Make sure the firmware being updated is for the correct LaserJet product. For example, if you are updating the LJM1120, the firmware file should be for the LJM1120. If the incorrect version of firmware is downloaded to a device, the new code will be ignored and the device will retain its original firmware and return to a ready state.
1. Download the file to the desktop, if the Save from the download security dialog window is chosen.
a) If you choose RUN from the download security dialog window, skip step #2 and go to step 3.
b) Click on Run if a Microsoft internet explorer security window pops up.
2. Double click on the flash firmware update utility file. Click on Run if a Microsoft internet explorer security window pops up.
3. Read and Evaluate the license and click on accept terms if you wish to continue with the update.
4. If there is only one printer to update the firmware in, accept the default (the radio button already selected) unpack location. Click on Next. This default installation selection will delete the downloaded files at the end of the firmware update process.
5. A Window "LaserJet M1120 Firmware Update Utility 20080228" will open.
6. In the window adjacent to the "select printer to update" use the drop down arrow to select the HP LaserJet M1120 MFP driver. If you have previously assigned a different name to the HP LaserJet M1120, choose the name that represents the correct printer.
7. Click on the Start button in the "LaserJet M1120 Firmware Update Utility 20080228" dialog window.
8. The progress bar will begin to move to the right indicating information being transferred.
9. DO NOT power cycle the printer or the PC during this process or the printer may become unstable and or unusable without further attention from HP. The firmware update can take up to 5 minutes to complete. Please be patient.
10. During the printer firmware update, the liquid crystal display (LCD) on the printer control panel will display "Printing Document" and will change to "Erasing". After a short while, the LCD display will change to "Programming". After a short while, the LCD will display "complete : )". The "Ready" LED on the printer will start flashing. The printer will automatically power cycle to reboot and will make noises similar to power on.
11. To verify the update, a configuration page can be printed from the printer control panel (Select menu, > reports - press enter, > Config report ? press enter). The configuration page will display the current firmware revision in the Product information block, Firmware Datecode: 20080228.
12. On the display of the PC, a smiling face will appear in the "HP LaserJet M1120 Firmware Update 20080228" dialog box at the conclusion of the successful printer firmware update.