Fax & Modem & ISDN
Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro
Windows 2000 drivers for SupraExpress 56e V.90 ACF2 modem, SUP2730
Instructions for new installation of drivers:
1) With the computer off, install the modem to the serial port on back of computer, plug power supply into wall and into back of modem.
2) Boot the system. Windows will not indicate that the modem was installed, but a "56K Data Fax Modem PnP" will be installed.
3) Go to Start > Settings > Control Panels. Double-click on System, click on the Hardware tab, and click on Device Manager.
4) Click on the + in front of Modems, right-click on the modem and go to Properties.
5) On the Driver tab, click Update Driver. The Update Device Driver Wizard will begin.
6) Choose to "Display a list of known drivers" as opposed to "Search for a suitable driver."
7) Point the procedure to the location on your hard drive or floppy disk where you extracted the drivers. You will need to click "Have Disk" and and type in the path to the drivers.
8) Pick the "SupraExpress 56e V.90 SUP2730" from the list. Windows will install drivers for this modem.
Testing the Installation:
1) Go to Start > Settings > Control Panels. Double-click on System, click on the Hardware tab, and click on Device Manager.
2) Click on the + in front of Modems, right-click on the modem and go to Properties.
3) On the Diagnostics tab, click the Query Modem button. After a few seconds, The ATI commands should contain information, including an ATI3 response of 3.210-03, the firmware revision for this modem.