Fax & Modem & ISDN
Installation instruction under SuSE 10.2
Installation CTX405 under SuSE 10.2 (kernel 220.127.116.11)
- the following packages have to be installed:
kernel-sources, gcc, dhcp-client, ndiswrapper, wpa_supplicant
- Copy Windows XP drivers for CTX405 to the system
1. the card is recognized as „Creatix Polymedia ISL3886 (Prism Javelin/Prism
Xbow)“ and configured with prism54 driver ? This does not function! ? Do
not configure the card with YaST. If the card is configured delete the
2. Unload the modules prism54 and firmware_class with the command
rmmod prism54 and rmmod firmware_class in the console.
3. copy the Windows XP driver (unzipped) on the hard disk (notice in which
directory!) for example into /home
4. start the console as root
5. ndiswrapper –i [/path to inf-file of the windows xp drivers]
(f.e. ndiswrapper –i /home/ctx405/PRISMA00.inf)
6. ndiswrapper –l to check the installed driver (“hardware present”)
7. modprobe ndiswrapper (for loading module)
8. check with dmesg if the module is loaded correctly
9. Now set the correct module for the this card with YaST – Network devices –
network card under advanced – hardware details. Don’t forget to set the
router IP and DHCP and encryption.
11.check with the command lsmod if prism54 and firmware_class are not loaded.
The configuration of the card will be made by YaST (/ect/sysconfig/network/ifcfgwlanx)
or the wireless tools iwconfig and ifconfig. To use this commands refer your
To use WPA with CTX405 it is enough to configure the right encryption mode in
YAST. The program wpa_supplicant will be started automatically.