QV-2300UX, QV-2400UX, QV-2800UX, QV-2900UX, QV-3000EX/Ir, QV-3500EX, QV-3EX, QV-5700, QV-4000, QV-R3, QV-R4, QV-R40, QV-R41,QV-R51, QV-R52, QV-R61, GV-10*1, GV-20*1, QV-8000SX*2, QV-2000UX/Ir*2, EX-S1, EX-M1, EX-S2, EX-M2, EX-S3, EX-Z3, EX-Z4, EX-S20, EX-M20, EX-S100, EX-Z30, EX-Z40, EX-Z50, EX-Z55, EX-P600, EX-P700
*1 This USB driver is for image import only (when "NORMAL" is selected on the "SET UP" menu). It cannot be used in the case of a PC camera (when "PC CAMERA" is selected on the "SET UP" menu).
*2 Note that use of this upgrade is not supported under Windows 2000. Instead, install the Windows 2000 USB Filter Driver.
This USB driver does not need to be installed for Windows XP. USB connection is possible simply by connecting the USB cable.
Installation Precautions and Procedures
Be sure not to connect your digital camera to your computer before you install the downloaded USB driver.If the digital camera is connected to a computer before installing the driver, the Plug & Play function may register it as an unidentified device.
1. Double-click the compressed USB driver file (usb_win.exe) that you downloaded. This will automatically extract it.
2. On the dialog box that appears, specify the location where you want to extract the files, and then click "OK"
This will create a folder named "usb_win" at the location you specified. The folder will contain the files listed below.
3. Open the extracted "usb_win" folder, and then double click "Setup.exe" (Figure 1) to start the installer.
4. On the welcome dialog box that appears (Figure 2), click [Next].
This starts installation.
5. When the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" dialog box appears, select the "Yes, I want to restart my computer now" check box, and then click [Finish] (Figure 3).
6 After your computer restarts, use the special USB cable to connect your digital camera to your computer.
After your computer restarts, double-click "My Computer".
7 Check to make sure that the memory card loaded in the digital camera is shown as a "Removable Disk" on your computer screen (Figure 4).
Now, whenever you connect your digital camera to your computer, the memory card loaded in the digital camera will be shown as a "Removable Disk".
* Never disconnect the USB cable while data communication is in progress. Doing so can cause data to become corrupted.
* The specifications and performance of the USB driver are subject to change without notice.
* This upgrade offer may be terminated without notice.
* Uninstalling the USB Driver
1. Click your computer!s [Start] button.
2. Click "Settings", "Control Panel", and then "Add/Remove Program".
3. On the list of programs on the dialog box that appears, select "USB CASIO Digital Camera", and then click [Add/Remove].
4. In response to the "This will remove CASIO Digital Camera from your computer. Do you wish to proceed?" message that appears, select [Yes] to perform the uninstall operation.